Seeking Tips for Navigating the World of Guitar Effects Pedals

bridget_murphy837

Founding Member
Hey guitar enthusiasts,

I'm delving into the realm of effects pedals and it's quite overwhelming. Any advice on choosing the right ones for a beginner, how to chain them, and where to start with dialing in settings? Your insights would be greatly appreciated as I explore this new avenue of creativity. Thanks in advance!

PLX

Seal Of Approval
Founding Member
That's really going to depend on the style of music you're playing.

Tough to answer without knowing.

🤷‍♂️

J

jenniek

For beginners venturing into effects pedals: Start simple with essential effects like overdrive, delay, and reverb. Stick to a budget and prioritize versatility. Chain pedals in common order: dynamics, dirt, modulation, time-based, tuner. Begin with neutral settings and adjust parameters gradually while trusting your ears. Use online tutorials and communities for guidance. Enjoy the ringtones journey!

Diary Of An Axeman

Founding Member
I use multi effects floor units , each program is like a different series of effects pedals.

If I don't like a distorted tone ; I got 4 different Distortions/ Overdrives in one unit, 7 in another and 12+ tube based distortions and 12+ analog distortions in my rack processor.
So I can recreate any distortion, over drive or fuzz pedal ever made .

I can gain stack , a little one unit, mix it with more from another unit and use a little from the rack processors.

With my set up, I can use the Harmonizer from my floor unit to get 2 part harmony , the root note (1st with a 3rd up) on the left and right ) , activate my controller to send a command to my rack unit, to put the 3rd on the right, the root note in the middle and the 5th down on the left side .

Pedals are fun, but for me, MIDI gives me more options than pedals.
But I got a Decibel Eleven Loop Expander, to add MIDI Control over my foot pedals in those four loops. It has a Class A buffer to solve any impedance issues, converts my passive pickups high impedance to low impedance and keep my foot pedals isolated from each other ( no hiss or hum ).

1000001717.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom